Star Hopper Classroom Kit
Star Hopper Classroom Kit
The Star Hopper Classroom Kit is a tool designed to inspire and urge students to explore STEM fields through rocketry.
The Star Hopper Classroom Kit Includes :
- 1 Star Hopper Bulk Pack
- 1 1/2 A3-4T Engine Bulk Pack
- 1 Lifetime Launch System
Here are some key points to expand upon the benefits of the Star Hopper:
- Exciting early launch experience. The Star Hopper Classroom Kit provides students with an exciting early launch experience they will remember. Besides, it can inspire them to pursue STEM careers in the future.
- Inspiring interest in STEM. Additionally, the Star Hopper inspires students to take an interest in STEM subjects by showing the possibilities of science and technology in an engaging and fun way.
- Combining rocketry with additional experiments. The Star Hopper's design facilitates quick launches, but it can also support enrichment education when used in conjunction with other experiments. One example of how to use it is studying drag and its effects on descent rate by utilizing streamers of varying lengths.
- Exploration of altitude. The Star Hopper is capable of using a variety of engines. Thus, making it an excellent tool for studying and experimenting with altitude. Students can design lessons around reaching various altitudes and studying the factors that affect altitude.
- Hands-on learning. The Star Hopper Classroom Kit provides a hands-on learning experience. Thus, engaging students in active experimentation and encouraging them to take control of their learning. Moreover, this can help foster a sense of excitement and interest in STEM subjects.
The Star Hopper in the Classroom
The Star Hopper is all about providing students with an exciting early launch experience that will inspire them to pursue a STEM career. People remember their first rocket launch because it is an eye-opening moment. Using the Star Hopper in the classroom provides an exciting launch experience and shows students that science isn’t always boring. In fact, it can allow you to do some pretty incredible things.
Although the Star Hopper is designed to get you off the ground as soon as possible, you can combine this rocket with additional experiments for expanded learning. Use streamers of different lengths to learn about drag and how that can affect the descent rate or design a lesson around the altitude achieved on the variety of engines the Star Hopper is capable of utilizing.
A Bit of History
There had been strange lights in the sky before 1947, but never like this. In June of that year, an experienced civilian pilot reported “saucer-like discs” over Mount Rainier. By July the papers were running stories about a rancher who discovered strange wreckage in the desert near Roswell. Accounts of mystery “aircraft” and other unknown aerial phenomena were gaining public notice. Something strange was going on and the people in charge wanted answers.
In 1949, a clandestine group of government scientists met at a secret airbase in Nevada to form Project Star Hopper. The goal was to produce a fast and maneuverable piloted vehicle to compete with the unidentified objects commonly referred to as “flying saucers.” With the nation’s best engineers on the task, plans were drawn up for a sleek and functional atomic-powered vessel that could be launched quickly to intercept the aggressors. The result was the Star Hopper – the world’s first interplanetary spacecraft. A small fleet was constructed and tested, and by 1955, they were ready to protect the skies from alien invaders. Or so we were told…
This rocket is designed with the youngest of rocketeers in mind. Star Hopper snaps together, no glue required, and is made from the smallest number of possible parts. Everything is pre-colored but kids can also make it their own by decorating with markers or stickers.
The combination of the streamer, the mini-engine, and the drag profile means this rocket is going to land closer to the launch pad than most starter rockets, making it ideal for small fields.
Live, Online Training and 1:1 Support!
Estes Education has been a leader in STEM education for over 60 years. We know that STEM is a vital interdisciplinary topic that requires hands-on and inclusive learning. Explore these supporting materials to take learning to new heights!
Should you have need, you can meet with a member of Education team for FREE, 1:1 online support to learn rocketry basics, how to apply our curriculum, and discover unique teaching strategies. Our team is eager to answer your questions!